Improved process control for better performance
Maintaining the pot operation in a stable condition and keeping the pots at correct heat balance requires:
- Constant diagnosis of pots condition
- Early detection of problems
- Execution of correct response plans that will bring the pots back to heat balance
LMRC has considerable experience in developing and implementing new control strategies on the aluminium reduction process. Over the years we adjusted the performance of smelters around the world by deploying new control strategies, optimising the settings of the existing control systems and developing Gen3 - a completely new and innovative control system that packs all the knowledge acquired over the years into one sophisticated and easy to use system.
What we offer to smelters:
- Detecting entire potline and individual pots performance by analysing pots data using advanced statistical tools.
- Guiding smelters to utilise the data already available in their systems to correctly monitor the performance of their pots, detect deviations from optimal operation, and execute response plans to quickly shift disturbed pots back to optimal operation.
- Adjusting the setting of automatic control systems for optimal operation.
- Recommending new control strategies to prevent pot thermal cycling based on statistical sensing of abnormalities and multivariate heat balance control.
- Implementing new management and control systems to allow operational staff to identify and diagnose problems quickly, and to improve operating standards through this process.