Product Quality Monitoring and Prediction
This research has a strong focus on improving product quality and preventing the cost of quality failure, as many industries shift philosophy from maximising throughput at all costs, to maximising quality and preventing the costs of rework and wasted production. LMRC in association with the Industrial Information and Control Centre (I2C2) encompasses in this work a wide range of approaches, including:
- Process simulation and modelling
- Multivariate data analysis
- Statistical process control
- Process Analytical Technology (PAT)
- Process instrumentation and sampling
- Data exploration and exploitation
- Improved visualisation of data, models and results
- Fundamental scientific exploration and laboratory techniques.
An example or the capability of this cooperation can be seen in quality improvements of milk production projects .This project focused on quality improvements in terms of ingredient dosing, and functional test properties - physical characteristics relating to end-user performance.