New Materials and Prototyping
The team is involved in a wide range of research activities in light metals surface science - especially new alloys in magnesium, titanium, aluminium and smart materials:
- Magnesium alloys, finishing and surface protection
- Surface behavior - oxidization and corrosion, adhesion and wear resistance of coatings, cutting properties and degradation analysis
- Characterization of mechanical, chemical and physical properties
- Relations of materials processing, microstructure, composition and performance
- Materials processing and failure analysis
- Coating and surface treatment, nano-crystallisation and surface reaction adsorption
- Thermal spray coatings for corrosion and abrasion resistance
- Simulation and modeling
- Expertise in SMA (shape memory alloys) – TiNi, TiZr, etc.
- Multi-materials: polymers, transition metals and rare-earth-elements
TiN decorative coating Decorative PVD Coating on polymers
DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimeter) measurements
For our capabilities inforamtion, please click Titanium, Magnesium flyers.